- GEARY'S SUMMER ALE - 2006
- TROEGS E.S.B. AMBER ALE
- FIREMAN'S BREW BLONDE BEER
- ISSAQUAH BULLFROG ALE
- CENTRAL WATERS RYE BARREL CHOCOLATE PORTER
- WEYERBACHER LAST CHANCE IPA - MANGO (FIRKIN)
- ALLAGASH ODYSSEY ALE AGED IN OAK BARRELS
- (COTTRELL) 1757 GEORGE WASHINGTON BEER
- (TUNNER'S) BARBARY COAST GOLD RUSH STYLE PILSNER
- OSKAR BLUES HOTBOX COFFEE PORTER
Tag Archives: flying dog
Relegated chipotle burn gains strength at mocha-doused finish, penetrating chicory-rooted rye dryness, toasted oak smokiness, roasted chocolate malting and wispy citric nip. Light poblano, chili and jalapeno heat reinforces mild chipotle adjunct.
Staying sweet without getting annoyingly cloy, 25th anniversary tropical-fruited medium body contrasts funky Belgian yeast fungi against juicy grapefruit, orange, peach, banana, pineapple, mango and passionfruit wellspring, accruing lingered sharp hop bittering to fend off luxurious citric-perfumed floral bouquet wafting thru sugar-spiced fructose aspect.
It goes against my old school belief to drink beer with cookies or sweet candy instead of meat, vegetables and fish. After all, who usually pounds amber-grained bitters with sugary treats when it’s so obvious to chow salty potato chips, pretzels or nuts instead? Perhaps I’m oxymoronic, but happily so after spending an afternoon quaffing four different ales with four different cookies.
For the second straight autumnal season, Maryland’s domineering Flying Dog Brewery has teamed up with Baltimore’s …