- ITHACA DOUBLE I.P.A.
- MODERN TIMES BLACK HOUSE STOUT
- TURK'S HEAD ISLAND LIGHT PILSNER
- BLUE POINT OATMEAL STOUT
- (OMMEGANG) HENNEPIN BELGIAN-STYLE ALE
- (DILEWYNS) VICARIS WINTER 10
- BELL'S 30TH ANNIVERSARY CHERRY STOUT RESERVE
- RUSHING DUCK DE LEVENDE DODEN
- MIKKELLER NYC BRO! MORE MANGO IMPERIAL INDIA PALE ALE
- RIVER HORSE INDIA PALE ALE
Tag Archives: TOD ASHLEY
FOREWORD: I’d become friendly with Firewater brainchild, Tod Ashley, pre-911, before he moved out of the World Trade Center-cited apartment shared with his Jetset Records-owning girlfriend and into the safer confines of Brooklyn. His underrated klezmer-gypsy-inspired band, Firewater, prefigured like-minded multi-ethnic Americanized combos Gogol Bordello and DeVotchka. A veritable supergroup of smartly collected indie rock talent worked with Tod throughout his career.
Their ’96 show at the Knitting Factory was a complete knockout. I’d first spoke to the former Cop